Thursday, July 15, 2010

17 Weeks

July 15th, 2010

Tuesday was such an awful day! Usually I love Tuesdays because they are my day off from work, but I didn't get this Tuesday off and boy can I feel it coming up on the end of the week. I was on-call at work on Monday night and only got 1.5 hours of sleep. Needless to say, I was running on empty come Tuesday morning at work. Of course we had to be super busy that morning too....never fails!

I left work around 12:45 pm and headed back to Fargo for my OB appointment. I was excited to go to my appointment and then go home and take a nap. Guess what, that didn't happen either! I waited for over an hour to see the doctor but it was worth the wait. I met my doctor for the first time on Tuesday and he's great! I really respect him and it's nice to find an OB doctor that I can trust. He measured my belly and said that it's right on track. He also listened to baby's heartbeat and it was beating at a strong 152 bpm! I don't think that beautiful sound could ever get old. He also talked to me a lot about what happened with Gabriel and told me a personal story of how he and his wife lost triplets. How heartbreaking....he knows how it feels to lose a baby (they lost 3!) All and all, I'm very excited to continue this pregnancy under his care. We set up our big ultrasound for August 10th! I cannot wait. Good thing we are going to be busy the next few weeks so August should be here in no time.

Still feeling baby moving...I love those little flutters! I can't wait to feel them from the outside so that Danny can experience it too. Anyway, so far so good. Thanks for any prayers and we appreciate anyone who could keep saying a prayer for our little one! There is nothing more amazing than the gift of life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates